At art-K we believe that creativity is a life-long learning process – it’s never too late to start, and there’s always more to learn!
Our Zoom classes for adults are suitable for a range of levels – whether you’re a total beginner, or seeking to sharpen your skills.
We run our programme of classes in half-term blocks, but you can join at any point in term.
During the course we explore a different medium or technique with every lesson; we take inspiration from well-known artists (both historical and contemporary) and use their artworks as a jumping off point for each project.
Our small class size means lessons are interactive: everyone has a chance to speak and ask questions whenever they need help, and the pace of the projects is determined by the students.
The aim of the sessions is to get students improving their artistic skills and having fun all from the comfort of their homes. The power of art can do wonders to keep our minds engaged and add a sense of balance and calm to our lives.
Materials lists and Zoom links are sent out in advance of the class, and health and safety advice on paints is available on request. We have tried to keep the materials list as simple as possible to avoid a high cost of entry to the classes, mainly focusing on watercolour, acrylic, ink and graphite.
Lesson Plan Example
- Visual resources sent in advance of the lesson, with recommendations of (optional) further reading about the artist the lesson will take inspiration from
- Introduction: discussion of materials and lesson plan
- Drawing: quick pencil sketch – teacher will advise on embellishments that more confident students can add
- Painting: building up the base colours of the painting with watercolours, discussing technique
- Adding in details with acrylic paints
- Using pencils/fineliners to add in finer details
- Cartridge/sketchbook paper (A4 or A3 are both fine)
- HB pencils (plus erasers and sharpeners)
- Black fineliners
- Paintbrushes (various sizes and shapes will come in handy)
- Acrylics (plus a palette to mix on)
- Oil pastels