Online art classes for creative adults
Weekly Zoom classes for all abilities
At art-K we believe that creativity is a life-long learning process – it’s never too late to start, and there’s always more to learn!
Our Zoom classes for adults are suitable for a range of levels – whether you’re a total beginner, or seeking to sharpen your skills.
Open to all
Our classes are open to adults of all abilities, from anywhere in the world! We run our programme of classes in half-term blocks, and you can join at any point in term.
During the course we explore a different medium or technique every lesson. We often take inspiration from well-known artists (both historical and contemporary), using their work as a jumping off point for a project.
Our small class size means lessons are interactive: everyone has a chance to speak and ask questions whenever they need help, and the pace of the projects is determined by the students.
Materials lists and Zoom links are sent out in advance of the class, and health and safety advice on paints is available on request. Your teacher will answer any questions you have between classes.
Lesson Plan Example
- Visual resources sent in advance of the lesson, with recommendations of (optional) further reading about the artist the lesson will take inspiration from
- Introduction: discussion of materials and lesson plan
- Drawing: quick pencil sketch – teacher will advise on embellishments that more confident students can add
- Painting: building up the base colours of the painting with watercolours, discussing technique
- Adding in details with acrylic paints
- Using pencils/fineliners to add in finer details
- Cartridge/sketchbook paper (A4 or A3 are both fine)
- HB pencils (plus erasers and sharpeners)
- Black fineliners
- Paintbrushes (various sizes and shapes will come in handy)
- Acrylics (plus a palette to mix on)
- Oil pastels